There is not a specific list of supplies for high school. However, there are several staples all students will need to start their school year.
Below are the recommendations from the Grade 8 teachers. Teachers may recommend other items within the first week of school for their course.
Items marked with an * are deemed essential:
- *Two binders (3 inch rings) and a zipper enclosure if possible
- *Lined paper, 3-hole punched paper and dividers (2 packages)
- *Blue or Black pens
- *HB pencils and erasers
- *Two locks – gym locker and school locker (note – we sell school locks for $6 and we strongly recommend you buy a “school lock” for your locker. We guarantee they will always work and have a free exchange program if you need to get a different lock combination.
- *Calculator (see your math teacher for description of requirements)Scientific calculator not needed until Grade 10.
- Red pen
- Highlighters (2 colors)
- Students may need ruler, pencil crayons and markers for some projects.
- Memory stick would be useful when saving work from a computer
Resources for Parents
- School District 68 Home Page
- School District 68 Parents’ Page
- BC Ministry of Education Curriculum
- Internet Safety Tips for Parents
- DPAC Brochure – Anti-Bullying
- Threat Assessment Brochure
- Code of Conduct
- Bell Schedule and Block Rotation
- 2016 SATISFACTION SURVEY
- School Calendar
- 2 Year Calendar
- Canadian University Resource Booklet
- Grad Planner
- Student Handbook